We have created this statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. We do not collect personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. This policy is your guide to how we will handle information we learn about you from your visit to our Web site.
- The site is operated by Public Agenda, a nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization. Any information we collect through this Web site is solely for our use in managing and improving our service.
- PublicAgenda.org is free and available to anyone. No personal information is required to view pages on PublicAgenda.org.
- When you comment on articles or post in our forums, your posts are public and open to anyone. Do not include any information in your posts that you would not want others to see. Please do not post identifiable information about yourself, such as phone numbers or postal addresses.
- Any personal information you give us (including your e-mail address) will never be sold to any third party by Public Agenda or any other PublicAgenda.org partner.
- In general, Public Agenda will not disclose your personal information to anyone outside the organization. We may disclose personal information if we are required to by law, or we believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law or with legal process, (b) protect and defend our rights and property, (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our site, or (d) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public.
- Any content you post on PublicAgenda.org becomes the property of Public Agenda, including but not limited to message board postings, blog comments or wiki articles.
- We offer e-mail newsletters as a free service. You may subscribe or unsubscribe to them at any time without affecting your overall use of the site.
- As a registered user, Public Agenda may contact you in the future to keep you informed about our work. If you do not wish to receive further information from Public Agenda contact email@example.com.
- We collect data about traffic on our site, such as the number and type of pages viewed and your computer's I.P. address. We use this information to improve our site, and aggregate totals may be provided to the organizations that help fund our work. But we do not and will not match this data with personal profiles to track individuals.
- We offer links to other Web sites. We also offer additional services and tools to share information that are provided by other sites. Their privacy policies may differ from ours and we take no responsibility for them.
- If you have any other questions, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help you.
- For other legal information involving PublicAgenda.org, consult our Terms and Conditions statement.